Questions taken from Lauren Hayley
Madness, sparkle & creative flair
1.How are you, really?
Could be better… and worse.
2. What are you thinking about?
The massive amount of questions ahead of me and some wood carvings I have to finish.
3.What’s your favourite colour?
Red and/or Black.
4. What’s your favourite food.?
Something really spicy/hot. Fish.
5. What’s your favourite dessert?
I don’t do desserts. Coffee maybe.
6. How old are you?
7. What have you learned today?
There’s always too much month left at the end of the salary.
8. What was your favourite subject in school?
Music and other arts.
9. What do you do?
10. What are some of your favourite books?
I have a couple of thousand books. Mostly science-fiction. Far too many favourites.
11. What are some of your favourite movies?
Again, science-fiction. Preferably with more message than effects.
12. What kind of music are you into?
Symphonic Rock, Progressive… Pink Floyd, Yes, Gentle Giant, Rush and so on.
And everything with Tangerine Dream. Classical.
13. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
Done it several times. The first time I was publicized, I was 16. The name was “Doors ajar” (translation from Swedish).
14. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
I hiked by myself (never do that) in the high mountains of Sweden and got surprised by dangerous weather (blizzard). A few more minutes of that and you wouldn’t be reading this.
15. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I’m still alive and I’m amazed by that every day. I’ve lived a hard life, not taking care of my body and brain at all.
16. Are you married?
17. How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend?
I’m asexual and have absolutely no interest in making life a living hell for someone else with my manic depression.
Haven’t been in a relationship for… ages.
18. Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?
If you want to get married. Wait at least until you really know the other person. It saves time, grief and money down the road.
19. Do you have any kids?
No. The laws here forbade me to get sterilized before I was 27 but I got it made then.
20. Have you ever thought of adopting?
21. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
22. How did you get into your profession?
Bad luck. Tired of doing hard manual labour and had a talent for words/languages.
23. Would you recommend your profession to other people? Why / Why not?
If you like early mornings, late evenings, stress, bad food, too much alcohol and/or drugs and a seriously fucked up personal life… feel free to prostitute yourself into the “loving” arms of corporate media…
If you want a decent life with good memories. Work with ANYTHING else.
I’m freelance. I work when I say so, I work with all kinds of media (newspapers, Internet, radio and TV-productions. Sometimes I do sound- or camera work on movies (Sweden) and I work only to survive, not as a career.
The writing doesn’t pay enough as long as you don’t get a best seller. 99 % of us don’t…
Tip: Work to live, don’t live to work.
24. What do you do for fun?
After hiking and camping with my dog(s), fishing… outdoor stuff, I carv runes, play guitar, read and enjoy lots and lots of movies and books.
25. Do you like travelling?
I did but I got over it. 🙂
26. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
North- or South Pole. Not a country… yet, but I would like to see it while it still has snow, ice and some animals on it.
27. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
No one that lives.
28. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
Work to live, don’t live to work.
29. What’s one of your favourite habits you have?
In the summer I wake up very early, make coffee, open the door and spend a quiet hour together with nature and it’s animal. No TV, no radio, mobile phones or computers. Just nature. Also, I laugh a lot.
30. What are some things that make you really happy?
I get a bit nervous if I’m too happy. It could be the first sign of mania so I try not to be too happy. That said, I laugh a lot. Life is funny.
31. What are some things that make you really sad?
Same as question 30, only the opposite.
32. What are some things that scare you?
Something bad happening to the dog(s).
33. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
I like to plan everything and when that goes to shit I turn spontaneous.
34. Are you a religious person?
If the name “God Extinguisher” doesn’t give you a clue… I can’t help you. 🙂
I’m a firm non-believer.
35. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
I would search and destroy the Chinese motherfucker who invented gun powder.
36. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
Country, as I do. I can’t even see the house of my nearest neighbour. Closest one lives about 2 km trough the forest from me (a little more than 1 mile). Nearest city is 200 km away (about 125 miles).
I live in the middle of nowhere.
37. What was your life like growing up?
Good. Mother hard working, father criminal (robbed bank- and post offices). Both atheists but funny enough, my father of all people taught me honesty and loyalty and the guitar, my mother taught me about nature, the stars, science, reading books and the great composers… and a lot of other things.
38. What were you like in high school?
Lots of fist fights. Every book I read, I borrowed myself at the library. High school was useless for me.
39. Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?
Two half brothers and a half sister. Yes, four different fathers… 🙂
Funny enough, the only one I speak to from time to time is my religious half sister.
My half brothers treated my mother very bad in her last years.
40. What’s your favourite part about today so far?
Finally created a decent “snake” for a rune plaque I’m working on.
41. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
My parents, mostly my mum. See question 37.
42. What’s your favourite joke?
I’m a Monthy Python, MAD, sick, twisted humour kind of guy so there’s a lot of jokes I like.
Unexpected ones like in this software description: “Standard model only version without the cool new enchantment. for people who eat mayonnaise and hate freedom.”
43. Have you ever tried sushi? (Did you like it?)
Love it. I could easily live on it. To bad I live two days fast car ride from a good sushi place. 😦
44. Do you like spicy food?
45. How do you like your steak cooked?
There should be just a hint of blood in it.
46. Do you have a favourite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
“1056”. Used it as a role playing name in the late 70s, used it as a call sign in the computer world in the late 70:s and many more places after that. I got the number/name from a low budget noire criminal novel “Hank Janson”. It was a number a former prisoner carved into the forehead of his victims… 😉
47. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
A lone wolf without a pack.
48. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
Had sex in back of a truck parked in a dump.
What can I say… two young persons urges.
49. What kind of vacations do you like?
Relaxed, educational, local food and habits. No tourist traps.
50. What are some of your major goals in life?
To go off-grid and survive as much as possible by myself and of what nature gives.
51. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
Small goals…? Why?
Ok… to get by without killing anyone… today. 🙂
52. What do you like least about yourself?
53. What embarrasses you?
Nothing any more. I’m 52, I don’t give a shit.
54. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
55. What’s your earliest memory?
Sitting on a motor cycle with my father. The smell of gasoline, the vibrations, the speed. Exiting and frightening.
56. What’s the best decision you ever made?
Quitting every job that I felt I needed to quit. I’m poor but I can still look in the mirror and I sleep very well when I sleep.
57. Who’s your best / closest friend?
They’re all dead. Drugs, suicide, murder, accidents… the benefits of a hard life. I survived because I got out in time. Just ran out of people and I haven’t made any new friends since then. 🙂
58. What do you think people think of you?
Weird but calm. Quiet until the stupid becomes to much and then I tell people exactly what I think. Knows enough to lecture at the university (I do) but can’t keep his mouth shut when it comes to religion, politics or stupid shit in general.
59. What were your grades like in school?
Bad. I was good in arts & crafts.
60. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
To juggle with more than three balls.
61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
A screaming introvert.
62. Have you ever taken a personality test? (How did the results turn out?)
Yup, three big ones, by professionals. And different IQ- and cognitive tests.
The last psychologist told me that there are people with short fuses and that I had no fuse at all.
He wanted to lock me up for life but my IQ was high so he just told me to GTFO of his office. 🙂
63. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Their eyes. They tell you everything you need to know.
64. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
There’s no such thing as “destiny”.
65. Do you think all people are equally valuable, or do you think some people in certain situations might be more valuable than others?
We are all equal but our society is made up for/by people that thinks they are more equal than others.
66. Do you think people are basically bad or basically good?
Good but I don’t trust them.
67. Do you think morals are universal or relative to the beliefs, traditions, and practices of individuals or groups?
68. Do you think God exists?
No I do not believe in gods, santa, tooth fairies,alien abductions or other made up things.
69. Do you think any kind of afterlife exists?
The short version: No. The more elaborate version: Fuck no!
70. Do you vote? Why / Why not? If you do vote, how do you usually vote?
Been voting my whole adult life. I’m a socialist, not communist (there’s a difference).
71. Do you think gay people choose to be gay? Do you think straight people choose to be straight?
We are humans and gender is a very fluid thing. We are what we are, no more, no less.
Did you choose to be female/male and/or heterosexual? Did you choose your parents?
72. Is torture ever a good option? If no, why not? If yes, when?
Give me any person in the world and I will make that person confess to absolutely anything through torture.
It’s not only wrong in every possible way, it’s also a very insecure and illogical way to get information.
73. Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
Ah, “normative ethics”. A question loosely based on the text in “A Critique of Utilitarianism”.
My answer is: Lets hope we’ll never have to find out.
74. What’s the most money you’ve ever given away?
75 000 skr ($9000). A small apartment.
75. What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
Left a criminal life with drugs and violence and left the city I was born. Went from criminal to journalist over night and from city boy to hermit over a year. 🙂
76. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
Smoking, drugs, eating bad food… lots of bad relationships (mostly my fault).
77. What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?
Give women education, power and the opportunity to start their own businesses all over the world. That would turn this planet into a great place in only a couple of years.
78. What do you think we could do to best improve the education system?
Listen to the teachers, not the headmasters.
Listen to the students, not their parents.
79. In general, what do you think about art?
I need it… but more importantly… we all need it.
80. What are some of your favourite websites?
81. What’s the biggest turn-off in a man/woman?
Eyes that lies.
82. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
Life is to weird and fantastic to make shit up.
83. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
What’s in my head and that I do Tai-Chi.
84. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
What’s in my head and that I do Tai-Chi. 🙂
85. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
Take insulin, let the dog(s) out, coffee and news.
86. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you?
I’ve held dying people in my arms, I’ve been forced to put down animals. Both my parents have died. I’m still waiting for the worst, what ever that is, to happen.
87. Do you cry easily?
No. Only when I loose an animal. Never when people dies.
88. How do you feel about public speaking?
I love it IF I have something to say. I don’t go on stage just to be on stage.
All journalists are exhibitionists in one form or another.
89. Do you like to talk on the phone?
90. How many emails do you get each week, roughly?
Only a few real emails and a ton of shit. Less death threats… maybe I’m loosing my sex appeal? 🙂
91. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
Rutger Hauer, Nick Nolte or maybe Gary Busey or some other old guy who have lived life a little too much.
92. What’s one of your favourite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
Not a clue. I mostly listen. At least in the beginning.
93. Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
Done bungee jump and probably will do sky dive AND I’ve got a latent fright of heights. 🙂
94. Have you ever been in a fist fight?
To many times to mention. Ever since I was a kid. I don’t take kindly to injustices, bullies or muggers.
95. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
Don’t think I ever have. Don’t have that kind of humour.
96. What did you do on your 16th birthday?
Played electric guitar on stage. Too loud and I was high as a kite.
97. What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now?
Anything with the word “care” in it.
98. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
Fluctuat Nec Mergitur – Dammaged but not sinking… yet.
99. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
100. If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
No, I would think “Finally!”.
Extra information: Have you noticed that there is always free cheese in a rat trap… 😉