To avoid rumours and/or confusion, spread by ignorant people out there…
A few facts about Sweden and about us who lives here.
- We separated church and state in the year 2000.
- Most swedes are not atheists…they just don’t give a shit about religion. It simply has no part in their everyday life.
- Religious people and atheists/humanists do charities together from time to time. Why? Because religious organisations have huge networks. Together we can help more people in need.
- Sweden is historically a christian nation, from around the year 950AD and forward.
- We teach about all religions in our schools. Personally I think that’s the biggest reason for our reluctance to embrace religion. We know too much. 🙂
- No, there are no “muslim party” in our parliament, that’s just nonsense. We do however have a “nazi-light” party in our parliament…